The 2nd Hamilo 358 Open Water Swimming Race
Pico de Loro Beach and Country Club, Hamilo Coast, Nasugbu, Batangas
Saturday – November 5, 2011
9:00am race start
Organizing Committee Contact:
Sports Management Solutions
Event Head: Venue Info/Maps/Hotel Accommodation:
Mr. Edster Sy www.hamilocoast.com
Mobile Number: +63917-8584384 Pico de Loro Cove and Beach Club
An open water swimming race composed of three (3) distances:
- 8km (start time 9:00am) Entry Fee: Php1000
- 5km (start time 9:05am) Entry Fee: Php850
- 3km (start time 9:10am) Entry Fee: Php750
Check-in/Body Marking/Warm-Up: 7:30am – 8:30am
Race Briefing: 8:45am
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- The cut-off time for all swimmers will be 1:30pm. Swimmers still on the course will be picked up by boats at this time.
- Wetsuits and Speed Suits will be allowed. Fins and snorkels will be allowed too, except for those vying for the top-three male and female awards. Swim caps must be worn throughout the race. Swim caps will be provided in the registration kit.
- Energy Drinks and Water will be available at floating aid stations. Please return the used bottles and/or used gel wrappers onto the boats. Littering will result in disqualification.
- Travel Time from Manila to Hamilo Coast is 2.5-3hrs. Please plan accordingly.
Ages 13 and above. But ages 13-17 are only allowed to do the 3km distance.
18 & above are eligible to swim any of the three distances.
All participants are required to sign a waiver, and those under 18 years old need the signature of their parent or guardian.
The 3km race will be an out-and-back swim (1.5km out + 1.5km back). This straight line will be within the Pico de Loro Cove.
The 5km race will be an out-and-back swim (2.5km out + 2.5km back). This straight line swim will curve slightly to the next cove on the right till the 2.5km marker, then the swimmer turns around and swims back to shore.
The 8km race will be the 5km route followed by the 3km route. There will be a short beach run (a hydration station will be on shore) after finishing the initial 5k route before returning to the water to swim the last 3-kilometers.
FINA Rules on open water will apply (exception is the allowing of wetsuits and speed suits). Highlighted rules are the following:
- No drafting or pacing by a lead boat.
- A swimmer cannot touch any floating device, safety craft, or crew. As soon as a swimmer stops to hang on to any floating device or boat, or is helped by a marshal, he/she will be out of podium contention, but as long as he/she does not propel themselves forward using any floating device, marshal, or boat, then they will be eligible to finish.
- Any race official can decide, for safety reasons, to pull out a swimmer from the water and end their race.
Trophies will be awarded to the Top three (3) MALE and Top three (3) FEMALE finishers of each race distance (3K/5K/8k).
All swimmers who complete the race will receive a Finisher’s T-shirt.
Step 1 – Fill up Entry Forms attached below and email to
Mr. Edster Sy firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2 – Please deposit payment to:
Payee: GOLD SPORTS MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS INC.
Bank: BANCO DE ORO Branch: Moonwalk, Paranaque City
Swift Code: BNORPHMM
Philippine Peso Account: C/A 647-8007626
Step 3 – Email scanned deposit slips to Mr. Tata Alcoseba email@example.com
Step 4 – Upon check-in on race day, you will be asked to sign the registration form/waiver.
DEADLINE FOR EMAIL REGISTRATION IS NOVEMBER 2, 2011 (Including email of scanned deposit slip). PLEASE NOTE: There will be On-site Registration on race day with a Php250 additional fee.)
CLICK HERE to download registration form.
Shop for your gear at the :
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- The Complete Guide for Triathlon Running – How to Train and Race - October 21, 2014
- 8080 Triathlon | Race Maps and Race Info | November 8, 2014 - October 20, 2014
- NOAH 77.0 TRIATHLON | November 16, 2014 - October 20, 2014