Things are heating up for the upcoming Century Tuna 5150 Triathlon! Now the race has a Filipino Elite division and is a qualifier to the Hy-Vee Triathlon 5150 U.S. Championship! What does that mean? It’s a rare/once in a lifetime chance to race with the likes of Simon Whitfield, the Brownlee brothers (Alistair and Jonathan), and Javier Gomez! Even Macca if ever!
SWIMBIKERUN.ph is a proud media partner of the Century Tuna 5150 Triathlon.
Check out the announcement from the 5150 Philippines secretariat!
See you all at the Century Tuna 5150 Philippines! No way we’re going to miss this inaugural event!
Check out the course preview by race director Guy Conception!
We are happy to inform you that the World Triathlon Corporation has agreed to put the Filipino Elite category in the Century Tuna 5i50 Triathlon Race to be held on June 24, 2012 at Subic Bay. If you are registered as an age grouper and wish to be transferred to this category please email your request to 5150 secretariat at Philippines@5150.com no later than May 31, the end of the registration period.
Here are the rules to race as an elite amateur at a 5150 event:
You must furnish proof of completing a USAT Sanctioned international distance event in a time of less than 2:15 for men and 2:30 for women within 12 months of the event. (for example: For a June 24, 2012 event, you must furnish proof of meeting the time standard for an event that occurred between 6-24-11 and 6-24-12)
- If you register to race in the elite amateur category at a 5150 event and fail to furnish results confirming you have met the time standard within a 12 month period, you will be removed from the elite amateur division and will be placed in your respective age group category.
The Prize money for the Filipino Elite Category is P20,000 each for the first placer male and female, P15,000 each for the the second placer and P10,000 each for the third placers.
The Century Tuna 5150 Triathlon Philippines is a qualifier to the Hy-Vee Triathlon 5150 U.S. Championship on September 2, 2012.
- Age groupers that finish top 15 of their age group will qualify to the US Championship.
- If you race as an elite amateur, you are required to place top 10 in the division at a 5150 event to qualify to race as an elite amateur at the Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship.
- If you qualify as an elite amateur, you must race at the 5150 U.S. Championship as an elite amateur. Under no circumstances may you change to your age group category for the championship race.
- If you race as an elite amateur at a 5150 event and do not qualify, you may choose to race as an age grouper at another 5150 event.
- Please note that this qualifying option will be available only to the Filipino Elite category in 2012.
Visit www.5150philippines.com for more details.
See you there!
Shop for your gear at the :
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- AVON RUN 2014 - September 1, 2014
- NOW HIRING : Graphics Designer - August 28, 2014
- 2014 Philippine Duathlon Series Leg 3 | Race Results and Review - August 28, 2014