Registration is still on-going to the 2012 Vaseline Men XTERRA Putik Pare Team Duathlon! Have an adrenaline filled off-road duathlon race and sample Pampanga’s best (no pun intended), tocino, longanisa, batirol chocolate, and of course, sisig!
What’s even cooler is that the finisher’s medal for this event is made out of unpolished lahat! Same goes for the winners trophies!
- A two-person team will combine a mountain bike ride (18km) and trail run (10km). Each member must do both disciplines.
- Each team will decide who will bike and who will run first, starting tog.ether at the start line, then they will switch disciplines at the transition area after each member has completed either the bike or the run.
- Categories open are: All Male, All Female, Mixed
- One or two mountain bikes may be used.
- Before crossing the finish line together, each team must traverse a mud pit, hand-in-hand, after leaving their bike in the transition area.
- When the first member who biked arrives at the transition area, he/she must wait for the first runner of the team, and vice versa.
- Helmets must be worn while biking, and race bibs and body marking must be visible all-throughout the race. Bare torso running will not be allowed.
- MP3 players, iPods, cell phones, and other communication devices will not be allowed during the race.
- There will be aid stations in the race course, but all teams are encouraged to be self-sufficient regarding hydration and nutrition.
- Fellow competitors can provide support/assistance to fellow participants (flats, aid, nutrition) without penalty. But spectators and outsiders may not interfere. Marshals will be on-hand for full-support.
- Manual timing will be used, but bracelets will still be given to monitor completion of each discipline.
- Trails will be marked with buntings and arrows, therefore, participants are not allowed to go off-course.
- There will podium finishes for all-male, all-female, and mixed teams.
- Registration fee is P 3500 per participant inclusive of finisher shirt and finisher medal for each member.