Who’s ready for a virtual race? Race at your own pace, own place, and time! This time, Liv Cycling team up with Giant in this Giant/Liv 3in3 V-Challenge. Racing is simple! Through Strava App, you will join a virtual cycling race that gives you 3 different challenges to be completed in 3 weeks. Racing is easy as you cycle with other cyclists or athletes across the globe through your smart phones or computers.
Registration starts on September 22, 2017 and ends on October 28, 2017 Race starts on October 29, 2017 and ends on November 19, 2017. Registration is available at https://manilaboxoffice.com/liv/
How 3in3 V-Challenge Works:
Use the STRAVA APP to record your rides from 29th October (Sunday) to 19th November 2017 (Sunday). You must complete all 3 challenges to become a finisher. Top 3 finishers per Age Group and Race Category get not only their badges and prizes for the challenge but also some random bike essential stuff from Giant/Liv. Winners are selected according to their total logged time for the challenges.
You can cycle anywhere, anytime with anyone at your own pace, or you may join our club rides!
Steps in joining:
- Click link to fill up registration form. https://manilaboxoffice.com/liv/
- Fill up the form, pay online or email your deposit slip to email@example.com to complete registration process. You will receive an email confirmation from us within 3 working days.
– Liv (Solo Lady) – Php 1,250.00
– Giant (Solo Male) – Php 1,250.00
– Sis – Php 2,600.00 (2 ladies, coop mode to meet the challenges)
– Bro – Php 2,600.00 (2 male, coop mode to meet the challenges)
– Giant/Liv – Php 2,600.00 (1 male/1 lady coop to meet the challenges)
- Register a free or premium account on Strava through https://www.strava.com/
- Download the STRAVA app for your iOS or Android Device. https://www.strava.com/mobile
- On Strava, Go to club, search Giant/Liv 3in3 V-Challenge club under cycling category then tick “request to join icon. We will accept your request to join within 3 working days.
- Start logging your activities on STRAVA.
Participants must complete all 3 challenges to become a finisher. This V-Challenge is a level up from the previous one. This time with big brother Giant is joining the race, LivCyclingPh cooked up a more challenging yet doable V-Race. Entitled Giant/Liv 3in3 V-Challenge, the v-race is open to both men and women, with all types of bike.
See challenge descriptions below. Each challenge will be rewarded individually. Complete all three badges to become a certified finisher.
- STAGE RACE CHALLENGE – We challenge you to tackle your own personal stage race by riding 30k as fast as you can in 1 day on a relatively flat course. You may do multiple rides and submit your best time. For those riding with a sis or bro, you’ll need to complete the 30km distance as a team team.
- LivCyclingPh will do a Club Ride for this in MOA on October 29,2017 to guide and help you for this challenge. Do follow us on https://www.facebook.com/livcyclingph/ for ride events.
Prize: Racebelt and badge
- UPHILL GRIND CHALLENGE – Leave the flats behind and climb at least 2,000 m for the challenge. Ride repeats on your local hill or go for a huge mountain adventure to be completed by the end of the Giant/Liv 3in3 V-Challenge. Yes, you don’t have to do it in one day. You may submit as many elevation gains as you need to complete the 2,000meter elevation gain. For those riding with a sis or bro, you’ll need to complete elevation gained as a combined effort.
LivCyclingPh will do a Club Ride for this to Jariel’s Peak on November ,5 ,2017 to guide and help you for this. Follow https://www.facebook.com/livcyclingph/ for ride events.
Prize: Sunvisor and badge
- GRAN FONDO 100 CHALLENGE – Have a long day on the saddle to complete this ride. Complete this challenge by riding 100km within 24hrs. Whether you ride for the prize and badge or just ride for yourself, grab some friends and enjoy a big day out. For those riding with a sis or bro, you’ll need to complete the distance as a combined effort within 24hrs.
LivCyclingPh will do a Club Ride for this in (TBA) on November 12,2017 to guide and help you for this challenge. Do follow us on https://www.facebook.com/livcyclingph/ for ride events.
Prize: Cycling Arm Sleeves and badge
Your finisher’s kit will include badges and prizes of challenges completed and will be delivered at your doorstep once the race is over. So we urge you to LivBeyond and RideLife to get all the goodies.
Special Giant/Liv prizes will be awarded to top 3 Age Groupers for men & women, sis, bro, Giant/Liv. These special prizes will be given to only those that completed the 3 challenges.
– Age Group Giant
18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50& over
– Age Group Liv
18-29, 30-39, 40-49,50 & over
Athletes who have completed registration for the race who wish to withdraw must communicate their intent in writing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the athlete’s responsibility to ensure that the request is received.
Upon confirmation of the request, athletes may be given partial refund of their entry fee with the following details below:
• Until October 1, 2017: 50% refund
• October 3, 2017 Onwards:
Please also note that your individual entry is non-transferable and cannot be used on other future races/events. Changes in any relay team member entry will be accommodated with a penalty of Php 500 once the registration period is closed. Change on all categories will not be allowed.
– HOW DOES “COOP MODE” CATEGORY WORK?
Sis, Bro, Giant/Liv categories make a pair of participants work together to achieve the required challenge. This may be divided euqally or 1 can do more than the other.
– DO WE HAVE TO RIDE THE 30KM IN A DAY FOR THE STAGE RACE CHALLENGE?
Yes you do. This will be like joining a stage race only you do it on your own time and place. You may ride multiple times for this challenge and submit your best time.
– DO WE HAVE TO RIDE THE UPHILL GRIND CHALLENGE IN 1 DAY?
NO, you don’t have to ride this challenge in a day. You may submit multiple Strava entries to complete this challenge.
– DO WE HAVE TO RIDE THE GRAN FONDO 100 CHALLENGE IN 1 DAY?
YES, you will have to complete this challenge in 1 day. No ride week is complete anyways without a long ride. Grab friends to join you or join our club ride for this challenge.
– HOW DOES ONE WIN IN THEIR RESPECTIVE AGE GROUP AND BIKE CATEGORY?
Just like any other race, you win by completing the challenges in the least amount of time in your selected bike type category.
– WHAT STRAVA SCREENSHOT SHOULD WE SUBMIT AS THERE ARE DIFFERENT VIEWS IN THE APP?
Ideally it’s best to submit a screenshot that shows these details: date, distance, elevation and moving time to email@example.com
– HOW DO WE CLAIM OUR BADGES AND PRIZES?
Finisher’s kit and prize will be delivered to your registered address. So please make sure you to give your compete address with zip code.
– HOW DO WE RECORD OUR RIDE FOR THE RACE?
First download the Strava App, request to join the 3in3 V-Challenge under Clubs wait for the approval and you’re all set.
– WHAT BIKE SHOULD WE USE FOR THIS RACE?
Any type of bike is allowed. You may use any of these Road Bike, Tribike, MTB, Fixie, or Folding bike.
– WHAT IF WE CANNOT FINISH THE RACE DO WE STILL GET ANYTHING?
Yes, you will still get badges and prizes for challenges completed.