From Coach Andy Leuterio, here’s a cool cycling event for those looking to improve their cycling power! 230+ Kilometers! SUUNTO Big Rides is the first of a series of cycling camp weekends for anyone who would like to improve his fitness and skills as an athlete. Featuring SAG-supported rides, hotel accommodations, and talks on training and racing with Heart Rate, power, and bike fitting principles.
Day 1: Alabang to Pico de Loro
1,115m of total climbing
Day 2: Pico de Loro to Alabang
1,115m of total climbing
Frequently Answered Questions (F.A.Q.)
1. Is this a race?
No. SUUNTO Big Rides is the first of a series of weekend cycling camps ideal for the competitive cyclist/triathlete who would like high quality riding time to develop his fitness and hone his riding skills in the company of other like-minded athletes.
2. Can I just do one day?
Yes, you can. You can opt to join (and pay for) just one day and avail of SAG support, meals and other items. However, as the ride for Day 1 ends in Pico de Loro, you will have to find your own way home.
3. Where will we be staying?
Our host resort, Pico de Loro, will billet you in its world-class hotel for the night (twin sharing accommodations). Riders may also enjoy the pristine beach after Check-in on Day 1.
4. Can I bring my family/friends?
Yes, you can. You only need to make further arrangements with us for their accommodations and meals. We assume, of course, that they will be bringing their own vehicle to and from Pico de Loro.
5. Will there be technical support during the rides?
Yes. Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles will lead and sweep the group for the entire ride. These will have drinks, ice, water, and bananas that all riders may avail of. Spare wheels will also be on hand. A mechanic will be in the sweep vehicle. An ambulance will also be in the caravan to provide medical assistance if necessary.
6. How can I bring extra clothes if I’m riding both days?
Each participant may bring one gym bag/backpack for his clothes and toiletries. These will be transported to and from Pico de Loro in our SAG vehicles. Due to a projected large number of participants, please understand that we can only allow ONE bag per rider.
7. Can I leave my car at Alabang?
Yes. Arrangements will be made with the parking lot management. Overnight fees may apply.
8. Can I bring my own support vehicle?
Yes. Do let us know if your crew need quarters for the night so we can make the arrangements with Pico de Loro.
9. Can I stay overnight but not ride on the second day?
Yes. However, we cannot be held responsible for your means of transportation going home once the ride departs from Pico de Loro.
10. Who is organizing this event?
SUUNTO Big Rides is organized by Andy Leuterio, a Director at Elite Multi-Sport Resources (EMR) which organizes outdoor events for corporate clients. EMR’s clientele includes Isuzu Philippines, Nissan Motor Philippines, Universal Motors Corporation, SYKES, and SUUNTO, among others. He is also the Head Coach of Alpha Training Systems.
- Download and fill up Registration Form and make sure to indicate whether you are joining Days 1 & 2 or only Day 1.
- Pay the Registration Fee via:
- All Terra Cyclery (Ortigas Home Depot / Robinson’s Galleria / Club 650, Libis)
- Union Bank S/A 006 1000 25728 “Alexander Leuterio”
- Email a photo of the Deposit Slip / Registration Receipt to alpha_tri @yahoo.com
- Email receipt of confirmation within 24 hours.