Congratulations to the winners and finishers of the second leg of the National Age Group Triathlon series, Sipalay Triathlon 2014! See below for the official race recap by Coach Rick Reyes of TRAP.
Rate the race using our ratings system above!
Participants gave the 2014 Sipalay Triathlon- 2nd Leg of the National Age Group Triathlon held last Sat, Mar 22, a thumbs up despite 3 foot rollers and strong currents on the swim and an intimidating head wind on the bike leg, not to mention a threatened typhoon. Having the best post race party in the local triathlon scene and the warm hospitality extended by hosts Sipalay City and the Triathlon Association in Negros (TRAIN) helped that feeling along tremendously.
Guy Concepcion, organizer of the Defy Triathlon, remarked, “I am nominating the Sipalay Triathlon for race of the year!”
JD Valderrama had the best time of 2:29:06 just ahead of JJ Coculuella, last year’s fastest. Kim Kilgroe shrugged off a flat tire to register a women’s best 2:41:33. Again the waves and wind accounted for the slow times.
This year’s race was the biggest so far of the 3 editions with 215 athletes. Growth came mostly from regional clubs from Panay and Negros Islands, attesting to the growth of the sport in the region.
Other winners include:
- SuperTriKids (STK) Boys 7-8 y/o- Lance Yusay
- STK Boys 9-10- Mari Campos
- STK Boys 11-12- Meikel Salado
- STK Boys 13-15- Jude Dejilla
- STK Girls 6 & Under- Carmina Tan
- STK Girls 7-8- Juliana Dejilla
- STK Girls 9-10- Loryne Lencioco
- STK Girls 11-12- Danica Alba
- STK Girls 13 -15- Kyla Gomez
- Sprint Men- Matthew Jinon
- Sprint Women- Kyla Mabus
- Standard Ditance (SD) Men 18-24- Seb Teves
- SD Men 25-29- JD Valderrama
- SD Men 30-34- Larry Brill
- SD Men 35-39- JJ Coculuella
- SD Men 40-44- Ritchie Armogenia
- SD Men 45-49- Richie Yuay
- SD 50 & over- Jojo Bonin
- SD Women 29 & under- Kim Kilgroe
- SD Women 30-39- Mary Nunez
- SD Women 40 & over- Medy Martinez
- Relay- Team Tribe
Download race results!
Source : Coach Rick Reyes / TRAP