Could the Bataan International Triathlon (bi3) be the perfect season ender triathlon? We think so! We’ll give you our top 5 reasons why you shouldn’t miss this event!
SWIMBIKERUN.ph is a proud media partner of the 2014 Bataan International Triathlon.
We were invited to be one of the first to preview the beautiful and scenic race venue of the Bataan International Triathlon 2014. Held at Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar in the historic Municipality of Bagac, Bataan, the venue is truly a one of a kind event and very Filipino!
From the moment we arrived at Las Casas, we immediately told ourselves, “THIS IS A MUST DO RACE“. Why? Here are our top 5 reasons!
1. The Venue – We said it before and we’ll say it again, Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar is absolutely STUNNING. Where else can you find a venue that not only promotes Filipinoism, but our heritage as well? The water of the beach is crystal clear and the best part? We didn’t experience a single jellyfish sting! Perfect vacation / race weekend for the family.
We also loved the cobblestoned streets. Unfortunately, we asked the organizers if the cobblestoned road will be part of the bike route and they said no. (Boo!) For safety reasons though, so it’s understandable :) The hotel rooms are also top notch.
2. The Course – Without a doubt, the best part oft the 1.5km Swim, 55km Bike, and 11km Run race course is the bike course. The rolling terrain just won’t allow you “attack”. If you did a certain hilly race last February, then you already have a preview of what’s in store for you at Bi3. Let’s break down the course shall we?
– The Swim = Cystal Clear + Jellyfish Free + Standard Distance (1.5km) = what more can you ask for? The swim is a 3 turn loop mass start.
– The Bike = The 55km ride is a mix of hills and flat roads. Ok, more on hilly! The bike course will push you to your absolute limits. The tricky part here is that, since it’s only 55km, some will be tempted to attack and make their move on the bike. But unless you’re a pro or Chris Lieto, you’ll surely pay for it later on. Pacing is the key because just when you thought the hard part is done, there’s still one major hill waiting for you before you get back to T2. The only consolation here is that the bike course is shaded so you’re protected from the sun.
What I was feeling halfway into the ride. Dizzy but happy!
– The Run = The 11k run is a very straight forward out and back run along the scenic roads of Bagac. Also quite hilly but nothing you can’t manage :) There are some shaded areas but again, just be prepared for the Sun!
As for the cut off time, we’ll get back to you guys about that one.
3. The Distances and Categories – the weekend will consist of three major events. Namely the Bi3 (the main event), Karera de Bagac, and the Junior Aquathlon. The Bi3 consists of 2 categories, the Largo (long distance) and the Rapido (sprint). Aside from the Relay division, what we’re really excited about is the Amigo (buddy) category which allows you race with a friend/team mate/loved one side by side all throughout the race! You must start and finish the race together! Now THAT is cool. (Anyone wanna race with me? :) – CDG)
4. The Organizers – Aside from the fact that Bi3 is also a sponsor of our SBR.ph Tri Series, what hit home was when they announced that they are also going to initiate their very own grassroots development program. Something we’re really big at! The community is blessed to have a group who also focuses on giving back to the community. It’s not all about what goes in, as they say. We’ll post more info about that soon. We will also work closely with the team to ensure that the event will not only be a success participants wise, but also a success in terms of organizing and overall race experience. We’ll give it the SBR.ph guarantee ;)
5. The After Party – Oh boy. If what happened during our course recon was a preview of what’s to come. Then you guys are in for a treat! If only I can post pictures… Hmm.. but like what they all, WHAT HAPPENS IN BAGAC, STAYS IN BAGAC. #Labagac. Hehe. Here’s a hint : Try to book your hotels at least up until Monday ;) We know we are!
See you there guys!
To know more about Bi3 :
Like their facebook page : www.facebook.com/BataanInterTri or visit their website at www.bataaninternationaltriathlon.com