Get ready for the ASTC Asian Triathlon Cup 2015! The Triathlon Association of the Philippines (TRAP)’s signature olympic distance event is set on April 25-26, 2015!
SWIMBIKERUN.ph is a proud media partner of the ASTC Asian Triathlon Cup 2015.
THIS IS A 4-IN-1 EVENT:
1. Asia Cup 2015 Series Event – Under the supervision of ITU and ASTC. Top local and international elite athletes get ITU points for Asian and world ranking, and qualification to major international competitions.
2. National Age-Group Championships – Age Group Female and Male Champions will be sponsored by TRAP to the Asia Cup 2015 Series Event in Taiwan in June 2015. 2nd and 3rd place over-all age group women and men will get free registration to the same event, tax exemption, assistance in visa processing, coordination with LOC regarding transportation and hotel accommodation. Top 20 over-all age group finishers will be endorsed by TRAP. Only finishers in ASTC Asian Triathlon Cup 2015 are qualified to be endorsed by TRAP to the 2015 World AG Championships in Chicago, USA in September 2015.
3. Inter-Club Competition – Top 3 finishers will be declared the National Triathlon Club Champion and runners- up.
4. National Triathlon Try-Outs – Excellent and promising performers will be qualified and considered in the National Pool and will have the opportunity to represent the Philippines in international competitions. Slots are open in all categories, including Junior, U23 and Elite Open.
25 April 2015, Sat, from 5:30am – Sprint Distance: Elite Junior, AG Junior and AG Adult Mini Sprint Distance: Male and Female
26 April 2015, Sun, from 5:30am – All Standard Distance: Elite Open, Elite U23, Age Groups, Clubs
Sprint and Mini-Sprint: Start and Finish at SBITC area
Standard Distance: Start at the SBITC area and finish at Harbor Point Mall
Standard: Swim 1.5km (1 loop), Bike 40km (2 loops), Run 10km (3 loops)
Sprint: Swim 750m (1 loop), Bike 20km (2 loops), Run 5km (2 loops)
Mini Sprint: Swim 400m (1 loop), Bike 12km (2 loops), Run 3km (2 loops)
Elite Open; U23 Elite, Junior Elite (16~19): open only to athletes entered by their NFs through ITU.
Age Group Sprint, Men & Women: 16~19, 20~29, 30~39, 40~49, 50 & over
Men Age Groups (SD): 18~19, 20~24, 25~29, 30~34, 35~39, 40~44, 45~49, 50~54, 55~59, 60 & over
Women Age Groups (SD): 18~24, 25~29, 30~34, 35~39, 40-44; 45-49; 50 & over
Inter-Club Competition: for age groupers in the standard distance
Mini Sprint: 13~15 years old and adults
Sprint Relay (Sprint distance, 2 or 3 members per team)
- Each triathlon club may field one or more teams composed of 5 members each, with at least 1 female. 4-member teams are also accepted. Only 2 of a club’s teams are qualified for the Top 3 podium awards.
- The aggregate time will include the best 3 male members plus the time of the female member.
- Only age groupers are eligible for this race.
- Current members of the National Triathlon Team are not allowed to join the team competition.
- Filipinos who are not current members of the National Triathlon Team but joined the Elite category are also not allowed to join the team competition
- Drafting in the bike leg is not allowed.
- Team members are still qualified for individual awards.
- DNF (did not finish) will be assigned a default time of 4:00:00, in case less than 4 members and/or no female finishes.
- Each of the 5 members of the top 3 teams (maximum of 2 teams from the same club) gets a medal.
- To register, email the team name and names of 5 members to: [email protected] Deadline for submission: 15 March 2015.
- The members must already be registered as individual entries.
- There are no additional separate fees for team entries.
- Team Captains must attend a Captain’s Meeting after the race briefing on Saturday, 25 April 2015.
SPRINT RELAY GUIDELINES:
- Each relay team will be composed of 2 or 3 members, with each member doing one or two legs
- The timing chip must be transferred to the next athlete in T1 & T2 at the team’s spot in transition.
Early bird ₱4,000 until 15 January 2015
Regular ₱5,000 until 15 February 2015
Late ₱6,000 until 15 March 2015
International Entries US$150
Early bird ₱3,500 until 15 January 2015
Regular ₱4,500 until 15 February 2015
Late ₱5,500 until 15 March 2015
International Entries US$125
Early bird ₱6,000 until 15 January 2015
Regular ₱7,000 until 15 February 2015
Late ₱8,000 until 15 March 2015
International Entries US $250 /team
Mini Sprint Distance
Early bird ₱3,000 until 15 January 2015
Regular ₱3,500 until 15 February 2015
Late ₱4,500 until 15 March 2015
International Entries US$125
- To register online: http://astc2015registration.esy.es
- 10% discount for TRAP-registered athletes; 20% discount for students and senior citizens. Only one type of discount applies. Paid fees are non-refundable, nontransferrable and not applicable for future races.
- Foreign participants can send US$ payments through: Citibank, Alabang Muntinlupa branch, Philippines (US$ Account # 8-542000-598 of T. Carrasco)
- Scan receipt and email to [email protected] with full name, country, gender, date of birth and contact numbers.
- Keep receipt and submit during registration at the Secretariat in Subic.
- All bank charges will be shouldered by the sender.
- The waiver will be signed at the Secretariat in Subic Bay Freeport.
- For registration concerns and other queries, please send email to [email protected]
Organized by the Triathlon Association of the Philippines (TRAP) in cooperation with the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA). Sanctioned by the Asian Triathlon Confederation (ASTC) and the International Triathlon Union (ITU)
EVENT SPONSORS, SUPPORTERS AND MEDIA PARTNERS:
Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA), Harbor Point, Ayala Malls, Philippine Sports Commission (PSC), Century Tuna, Gatorade, Asian Center for Insulation, Standard Insurance, East West Building Technology, Inc., Subic Bay Traveler’s Hotel, The Lighthouse Marina Resort, RaceDay, SBR.ph, Multisport, Kikay Runner and Pinoy Fitness.
EVENT SPONSORSHIP AND MEDIA PARTNERSHIP:
Please contact Sarita T. Zafra of Chili Grass. Email: [email protected]