Let’s go, Duamans! The inaugural Duaman By The Bay Super Sprint Duathlon is just around the corner! See you on October 17, 2015! Check out the details below for the updated start list, course map, and other important race info!
- October 17, 2015
- 2.5km Run / 15km Bike / 1.5km Run
- SM Mall of Asia
- 6am Gun Start
- Mountain Bikes and Folding Bikes are allowed
- ABSOLUTELY NO CUT OFF TIME
Final Race Schedule
Note : All race kits to be claimed on race day. Please bring any valid government issued ID upon claiming.
4:00 am Race Kit Claiming
5:45 am Race Briefing
6:00 am Gun Start (M15-19 / M20-24 / M25-29)
6:05 am Gun Start (M30-34 / M35-39)
6:10 am Gun Start (M40-Above)
6:15 am Gun Start (All Female)
9:00 am Awarding
*ALL BIKES WILL BE RELEASED FROM THE TRANSITION AREA AFTER THE LAST BIKER HAS ARRIVED.
We are aware of the possible storm that will hit our country on Saturday…. see the post below.[mfb_pe url=”https://www.facebook.com/SWIMBIKERUNph/posts/997059933679191″ mbottom=”50″]
Blue : Run 1 (2 loops / 2.5km) and Run 2 (1 loop / 1.5km)
Red : Bike Course. 3x loops / 5km per loop.
All runners will begin at end of the SM Bay The Bay Jogging Lane and then run all the way to Sun Cruises pier for the turn around. They will make a u-turn at Blackbeards Seafood Island where they will make another small loop to complete the 2.5km run. After Run 1, the participants will enter the transition area where they will get their bikes, change into their cycling gear, and head out for the 15km bike. The bike course is a draft legal and pancake flat 15km /3 loop flat course (5km per loop) where bikers will get to experience MOA’s famous bike loop. Extreme caution is advised especially for the first timers and when heading at the turn areas. Slower riders are encouraged to remain on the right and give way to the fast bikers on the left. This is the FIRST TIME that a duathlon this big will be held at SM Mall of Asia so again, let’s all race safe and always stay alert. After completing the 3 loops, bikers will enter the transition via the entrance of the carpark area. We strongly advice to get out of the aerobars (for tri bikes) and ride a little less than race pace when you reach this point. For Run 2, after exiting the transition area, all runners will immediately make a u-turn at Blackbeards Seafood Island and complete another small loop.
Finisher Shirt :
Top 3 Overall Male / Female
Php 3,000, Php 2,000, Php 1,000 and trophies respectively
Male Age Categories
• Trophies for Top 3 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50 & Above
Female Age Categories
• Trophies for Top 3 15~19 yrs, 20~29, 30~39, 40 & Above
All finishers will receive a custom Duaman By The Bay Finishers shirt, Duaman By The Bay medal, goodies from our sponsors, and a free buffet breakfast courtesy of Bikers’ Cafe and Seafood Island.
Race Kit :
When can I claim my race kit?
All race kits will be available on race day.
Ack! I lost my registration slip! How can I claim my kit?
Please bring a valid government id with picture.
If registered online, I don’t have a race kit?
No problem. Just bring a valid goverment id with picture. If you can, also print a copy of the confirmation email that we sent you.
What’s inside my race kit?
Your race kit will contain the following :
- 1 Race Bib (Your race number)
- 2 Bike Stickers
- 1 Helmet Sticker
- 4 Safety Pins
- 1 Wrist Band
For the relay, your race kit will contain the same except it will have 12 safety pins and 2 or 3 race bibs and wrist bands. (Depending on the number of athlete’s per team)
For a faster transition, and if you don’t want to “make tusok tusok” your expensive tri suit, we will have race belts available at the SBR.ph booth.
How come there are so many stickers?! What will I do with the wrist strap?
Wrist straps should be worn at all times during the race.
What about the timing chip?
The timing chip will be given to you and should be worn either on your left / ride ankle with the timing chip facing the outer part.
Your (and your bike’s!) security is our #1 concern. So as an extra security measure, please be reminded of the following :
- No one will be allowed to enter the transition area except for participants with the official wrist tag.
- After the race, no one will be allowed to get their bikes UNTIL THE LAST BIKER leaves transition for his/her final run.
- The number on your bike MUST MATCH with the number on your wrist tag, race bib, helmet sticker, and body marking.
- What if I lose my wrist tag? You will NOT BE ALLOWED to exit the transition area with your bike unless you can show proper identification.
Expect long lines. But rest assured, this is all for your safety and peace of mind. So we’re hoping for your utmost cooperation.
WHERE CAN I PARK?
We advice everyone to park at Block 16 or at the parking lot in front of OneE-com Center and North Parking Building. No one will be allowed to park on the road. All vehicles will be towed.
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED DURING THE RACE?
Even if our race is designed for beginners, we do have certain rules that everyone must follow :
- MP3 players / iPods / and other music devices : all kinds of portable music players are strictly prohibited. If we catch you using one, you will be disqualified. No if’s, no but’s.
- No helmet, no ride : no need to explain this.
- Not having FUN! : You trained for the Duaman Duathlon right? The hard part is over! It’s time to reap the benefits!
- Quitting : There’s nothing we want more than having a 100% finishing rate. We all want all of you guys to finish the race and be called Duamans! So just enjoy, have fun, ride safe, and have one heck a good time! :)
PS : Don’t forget to cheer for the other participants as well
START LIST (as of October 14)
For start list corrections and updates, email us at [email protected] Good luck!
Click the link below to download.