Here it is, SBR.ph nation! Registration for the much awaited ITU Subic Bay international Triathlon scheduled on April 16-17,2016 is now open! Register now and avail of early bird rate to get as much as P1,000 discount from your entry fee!
Race against the fastest hand-picked age group triathletes and earn your team some bragging rights in the newest and first-of-its-kind category at SuBIT 2016. The AGE GROUP SELECT! Does your team have the best male age groupers? Prove it!
THIS IS A 5-IN-1 EVENT:
1. Asia Cup 2016 Series Event – Under the supervision of ITU and ASTC. Top local and international elite athletes get ITU points for Asian and world ranking, and qualification to major international competitions.
2. National Age-Group Championships – Champions of the Age Group Women and Men will be sponsored by TRAP to an Asia Cup 2016 Series Event. 2nd and 3rd place over-all age group women and men will get free registration to the same event, tax exemption, assistance in visa processing, coordination with LOC regarding transportation and hotel accommodation. Top 20 over-all age group finishers will be endorsed by TRAP. Only finishers in SuBIT 2016 are qualified to be endorsed by TRAP to this event.
3. Age Group Select Men – the newest and first-of-its-kind category only at SuBIT 2016. Open for Philippine residents only.
Racers in this category will:
- Have their own separate smaller wave and transition section.
- Be announced (name/team name) and lined up individually just like the elites.
- Enjoy a draft-legal bike leg with their own escorts **Road bike with short and bridged aerobar (ITU Compliant). No tri bike.
- Use the same course as the Men & Women Elite.
- May still count their race times as eligible for the team competition; Team Time = top 2 AG Select + top 2 male + top female.
- Enjoy early bird rate.
- Be eligible for prizes.
SOME THINGS TO NOTE:
- Top male age groupers with a time of 2.27 for a standard distance or faster can be entered.
- Only Philippine residents can enter.
- There will be no age group placing for this category. Participants will be ranked overall from 1st to last.
- Current National Triathlon, Duathlon team members and Filipino Elite who raced the calendar year of 2014 up to present are not allowed to join in this category. FILIPINO ELITE (Those who joined as a Filipino Elite when there’s a specific category for it).
- Submission of entries is through your Team Captain/ Team Manager. Submit your entries to [email protected] for verification. Put in your name, team name, your fastest standard time and which race you garnered that result.
- This a great way to test yourself with the best age groupers in the country and race like the elites do.
For any questions and inquiries, email [email protected]
4. Inter-Club Competition – Top 3 finishers will be declared the National Triathlon Club Champion and runners- up.
5. National Triathlon Try-Outs – Excellent and promising performers will be qualified and considered in the National Pool and will have the opportunity to represent the Philippines in international competitions. Slots are open in all categories, including Junior, U23 and Elite Open
16 April 2016, Sat, from 5:30am Sprint Distance: Elite Junior, AG Junior and AG Adult
17 April 2016, Sun, from 5:30am All Standard Distance: Elite Open, Elite U23, Age Groups, Mini Sprint Distance: Men and Women, Clubs
Sprint and Mini-Sprint: Start and Finish at ACEA Subic Bay area
Standard Distance: Start at ACEA Subic Bay and finish at Remy Field
Standard Swim 1.5km (2 loops), Bike 40km (2 loops), Run 10km (3 loops)
Sprint Swim 750m (1 loop), Bike 20km (2 loops), Run 5km (2 loops)
Mini Sprint Swim 400m (1 loop), Bike 12km (1 loop), Run 3km (2 loops)
Elite Open; U23 Elite, Junior Elite (16~19): open only to athletes entered by their NFs through ITU.
Age Group Select Men: open only to athletes with a time of 2.27 or faster for a standard distance.
Age Group Sprint, Men & Women: 16~19, 20~29, 30~39, 40~49, 50 & over
Age Group Standard Distance Men : 18~19, 20~24, 25~29, 30~34, 35~39, 40~44, 45~49, 50~54, 55~59, 60 & over
Age Group Standard Distance Women : 18~24, 25~29, 30~34, 35~39, 40-44; 45-49; 50 & over
Inter-Club Competition: for age groupers in the standard distance
Mini Sprint: 13~15 years old and adults
Standard Relay (Standard distance, 2 or 3 members per team)
Click the image to download registration form.
Source : Triathlon Association of the Philippines (TRAP)