HUUB Masters Swim event is set to take place on July 9, 2023, at the Ateneo De Manila Swimming Pool in Quezon City. Whether you’re an experienced swimmer or just starting out, this event offers something for everyone. We’ll cover all the essential details to help you make the most of your HUUB Masters Swim experience.
Take advantage of the early bird rate from May 29 to June 4 and register for only P2,000. If you miss the early bird window, don’t worry, you can still register at the regular rate of P2,500 from June 5 to June 25. Late registration is available from June 26 to July 2 at a rate of P3,000. For those interested in participating as a team, the relay package for 3 persons plus one is priced at P6,000. Every registration includes a loot bag, a stylish HUUB shirt, and a swim cap.
The HUUB Masters Swim offers a range of exciting events that cater to both Masters and Age Group participants. Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect:
- Masters: 50m Butterfly, 50m Backstroke, 50m Breaststroke, 50m Freestyle, 100m Freestyle, 100m Individual Medley, 200m Freestyle, 4x50m Freestyle Relay, 4x50m Medley Relay, 4x50m Freestyle Mixed.
- Age Group: 50m Freestyle, 100m Freestyle, 200m Freestyle, 4x50m Freestyle, 4x100m Freestyle, 4x50m Freestyle Mixed.
There are two main classifications for participants: Masters and Age Group. Here’s a breakdown of each category:
- Masters: This category is open to current swimmers actively participating in swimming competitions and former swimmers who have competed in their younger years, including varsity athletes, club swimmers, national athletes, and members of aquatic sports disciplines such as Waterpolo, Diving, Synchronised Swimming, and Finswimming.
- Age Group: Non-swimmer athletes from non-aquatic sports disciplines like Waterpolo, Diving, Synchronised Swimming, and Finswimming, or athletes who haven’t competed in swimming competitions in their younger years.
Both Masters and Age Group categories are further divided into various age brackets, ranging from 15-19 years old all the way up to 60 and above.
To ensure fair competition, here are some important entry regulations to keep in mind:
- The age of reckoning for participants will be as of the competition date, July 9, 2023, with a minimum age requirement of 15 years old (born on or before July 9, 2008).
- Age Group participants can also enter the Masters Category, but Masters participants cannot enter the Age Group Category. Once an Age Group athlete enters the Masters Category, all their entered events will be under the Masters Category.
- Athletes can enter as many events as they wish, including relays.
- Athletes have the option to enter “No Time” (NT) if they don’t have a recorded time for a specific event.
- Time seeding will be separate for the Masters and Age Group categories.
- Withdrawals and scratches are allowed during the competition.
- Mixed relays will consist of 2 male and 2 female athletes of the same category (Masters or Age Group) regardless of age.
RESULTS AND AWARDS
The competition will follow a timed finals format, and results will be categorized by Masters and Age Group as well as male and female athletes. Individual medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers per event in each category, and the top 3 teams per relay event will also receive individual medals. Additionally, special awards will be presented to the Most Outstanding Athlete in each category (Masters and Age Group).
PROTESTS AND APPEALS
In case of any concerns or disputes, the following protocols for protests and appeals will be in place:
- Athletes must submit a written protest, along with a protest fee of P1,000.00, to the Referee within 30 minutes of the conclusion of the event in question.
- If the Referee rejects the protest, they must provide a reason for the rejection. Athletes have the right to appeal the rejection to the Organizing Committee, whose decision will be considered final.
- The Organizing Committee, consisting of the Referee and Meet Director, will review and evaluate appeals. If a protest is successful, the protest fee of P1,000.00 will be returned to the registered athlete.
Please note that all entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. However, special cases may be considered for refunds at the discretion of the Meet Organizer.
WARM UP AND POOL LAYOUT
To ensure a smooth warm-up period and organized swim sessions, the following guidelines will be followed:
- Warm-up sessions will take place from 6:15 AM to 7:45 AM.
- Circle swimming will be allowed in all lanes from 6:15 AM to 7:00 AM.
- The sprint lane (Lane 7-8) will be designated for diving and sprinting from 7:15 AM to 7:45 AM.
- The pace lane (Lane 1-2) will be available for swimmers without diving from 7:00 AM to 7:45 AM.
- Gear allowed for warm-up includes fins, kickboard, pull buoy, and snorkel. Please note that hand paddles are strictly prohibited.
ORDER OF EVENTS
Here is the order of events for the HUUB Masters Swim, with separate listings for Masters and Age Group categories:
- 4x50m Freestyle Relay Masters (Male)
- 4x50m Freestyle Relay Masters (Female)
- 4x50m Freestyle Relay Age Group (Male)
- 4x50m Freestyle Relay Age Group (Female)
- 50m Butterfly Masters (Male)
- 50m Butterfly Masters (Female)
- 200m Freestyle (Male)
- 200m Freestyle (Female)
- 50m Backstroke Masters (Male)
- 50m Backstroke Masters (Female)
- 4x50m Medley Relay Mixed Masters
- 100m Freestyle (Male)
- 100m Freestyle (Female)
- 50m Breaststroke Masters (Male)
- 50m Breaststroke Masters (Female)
- 50m Freestyle (Male)
- 50m Freestyle (Female)
- 100m Individual Medley Masters (Male)
- 100m Individual Medley Masters (Female)
- 4x100m Freestyle Relay Mixed Age Group
- 4x50m Freestyle Relay Male
- 4x50m Freestyle Relay Female
- 1 KM Freestyle
READY TO JOIN?
Scan the QR code below to join! See you at the race!